Job Title: Technical Support Specialist, Level II
Work Location: San Diego, CA
Division/Department: Managed Services
Reports to: MOC Manager
As a member of the Managed Operations Center, the Technical Support Specialist (Level 2) will provide expert-level technical support to managed services clients in a 24/7/365 environment, working from Managed Solution headquarters and at various client sites. He or she will be responsible for the following…
- Fielding client inquiries and providing application support, network administration, desktop troubleshooting.
- Adhering to client service level agreements and team performance goals while prioritizing, resolving and escalating issues in accordance with company policy.
- Communicating technical information clearly and effectively over the phone, in person, and in writing to English-speaking clients.
- Documenting client communication and resolution efforts via internal ticketing system.
- Maintaining a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, and integrity while accessing client data/systems and supporting mission-critical environments.
- Maintaining compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Occasional on-call work
- Mentoring of junior employees
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- An Associate or Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Demonstrated ability to provide outgoing, enthusiastic customer service with a can-do attitude and passion for solving problems.
- Outstanding customer service skills and a drive to deliver exceptional service to both internal and external team members.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills; experience prioritizing multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated integrity and the ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Microsoft or other technical certifications highly preferred.
- Expert level troubleshooting skills in a Windows environment, including desktop and server OS
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN administration and concepts including DHCP, DNS, VLAN’s, firewalls, NAT, wireless technology, and the ability to configure switches a plus.
- Expert level proficiency in Exchange and Active Directory
- Previous exposure to virtualization technologies and ticketing systems required
- Working knowledge of O365
- Apple/Macintosh/iPhone/iPad experience a plus
- A valid CA Drivers’ license is required for this position, as you may be occasionally dispatched to client locations. You should also have reliable means of transportation.
The essential functions of this job require: the ability to frequently sit and stand for long periods of time; to manipulate objects with fine and gross motor skills; to frequently lift and maneuver 10 pound objects and occasionally lift and maneuver 50 pound objects; to communicate in written and spoken English; to hear; to utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Managed Solution is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants who can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards. Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Managed Solution participates in the federal E-Verify program to validate the authenticity of work eligibility documents. As part of this program, Managed Solution will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information, see https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.