Join Managed Solution, one of Southern California’s fastest growing IT companies as a Server Engineer and grow your career.
As a Server Engineer you’ll design, implement and remedy SME area specialties in servers (2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2003, 2000, NT), including virtualization on both Hyper-V and vSphere and/or Citrix XenApp and/or XenDesktop. Additional technical requirements requires knowledge in one of the following areas: Networking or Office365. You’ll be an integral part of a team and will be seen as a server expert by our client base and your teammates. This is a highly visible role where you’ll be rewarded with personal, professional and technical development all while contributing to the long-term strategy of our solutions offerings.
Grow your career with us!
Managed Solution has been recognized as one of San Diego’s 40 fastest growing companies, awarded as one of the 40 companies with owners under 40 years old and has been recognized as the 27th fastest growing IT Company in the US. Most recently, Managed Solution has been awarded Microsoft’s partner award for excellence in delivering products and services on behalf of Microsoft Corporation.
Perks & Benefits!
- Feel great with Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance - Managed Solution covers 65% of the cost!
- Earn $$$ - Competitive salary
- Save for the future - 401(k) retirement plan (employer match beginning at 6 months!)
- Relax with vacation and paid holidays
- Be inspired by energetic and friendly co-workers
- Stay current with a Company that is on the bleeding edge of technology
- Initial and ongoing training to prepare you for certifications
As a Server Engineer, your mission will be to:
- Deploy servers using tools such as desired state configuration, MDT, hyper-v, and WDS.
- Act as the point of technical escalation for the Technical Support Center.
- Sharpen your sales skills as you act as the presales consultant and collaborate with the sales team.
- Work on SOW, RFQ and/or other types of proposals.
- Work as a top level support for general Windows, or SME roles for client issues (large and small).
- Support companies with over 250 users.
- Be an expert on the advantages and disadvantages of each solution and be able to clearly recommend them based on client needs.
- Design, implement and remedy Subject Matter Expert area specialties in: Server Generalist (2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2003, 2000, NT), Virtualization on both Hyper-V and vSphere, Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop, and one of the following: Networking or Office365.
- Automate processes to improve efficiency.
- Be the Technical Solutions Advisor to your clients.
- Candidate MUST be a highly organized and a motivated team player
- Candidate MUST have the soft skills to work as a customer facing staff member
- Candidate MUST have the drive to learn and work with the cutting edge
- Candidate MUST have 5-10 years’ experience in supporting Microsoft environment
- Candidate MUST be well versed in either networking or Office365
- Candidate MUST be well versed in Windows Server (NT through 2012 preferred)
- Candidate must be well versed in troubleshooting
- Candidate must understand both internal and external customer service
- Candidate should be well versed in Operating System Deployment
- Candidate should be well versed in Windows Workstation (NT through 8 preferred)
- Candidate should be well versed in Exchange (2003 through 2013 preferred)
- Candidate should be well versed in Hyper-V
- Candidate should be well versed in Active Directory
- Candidate should be well versed in PowerShell and/or VBS
- Candidate should be well versed in supporting Office 365
- Candidate should be well versed in supporting Lync
- Candidate should be well versed in working with all levels of client staff
Some additional highly recommended skills that could help you in this position:
- System Center 2012 Administration
- Public Key Infrastructure
- SQL Server
You’ll be successful in your mission if you have:
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field plus a minimum of 5-10 years experience in providing server/desktop support in a Microsoft environment. Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- A strong technical WOW factor – be prepared to share this with us!
- Demonstrated project experience with regard to estimates, planning and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to understand a customer’s needs.
- Creativity and innovation and can generate new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Enthusiasm and a can-do attitude.
- The ability to adapt to multiple corporate cultures as you’ll be visiting many different clients.
- Team orientation and reach out to peers and supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Strategic thinking and vision and are able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way.
- Windows 2012, 2008, 2003, 2000, NT Experience.
- SME level experience in at least two areas specified above and desire to learn new technologies.
- Preferred certifications: MCSE: Server Infrastructure, MCITP: Enterprise Administrator, Citrix certifications and VCP.
- Citrix Receiver experience strongly desired (preferences is for iPad or Android).
- NetScaler experience is a plus!
- Flexibility and adaptability and can quickly adjust to changing priorities and conditions.
- MCSE (2012 level) or MCITP required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Great listening skills too!
Company Core Values
- Provide exceptional service to everyone
- Respect the ones around you and respect yourself
- Always listen and be heard
- Chivalry, caring and common sense should be without limit
- Constantly generate new strategies and creative approaches
- Expect the unexpected, be agile and respond
- Operational Transparency
- Say what you do, do what you say
- Build for today, plan for tomorrow
Think you're a fit? Looking for a challenge? Apply Today!
Check out all of our available positions here
May 26, 2016
Support Red Nose Day - May 26, 2016
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text] Support Red Nose Day - May 26, 2016 Last […]LEARN MORE