Job Title: Network Engineer
Work Location: As Assigned – San Diego/OC
Division/Department: Managed Services
Reports to: Technical Account Manager
As a member of our Professional Services team, you’ll assist with the design, implementation, and support of network infrastructure solutions for Managed Solution and its clients. You will be responsible for the following essential duties:
- Maintaining, configuring, and sustaining various VoIP environments including: analysis, design, implementation, maintenance of existing Unified Communications (UC) environments, upgrading/configuration, installation, migration of Skype/Cisco hardware/software.
- Analyzes business requirements in order to assist in design and implement solutions in UC environments.
- Assists and collaborates with Network, Server, Storage and overall IT team and technology partners to develop network design for all UC applications.
- Performs network administration tasks, to include routing, switching, firewalls, WAPs, VPNs, load balancers, troubleshooting in medium to large LAN/WAN environments, including Cloud environments in Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Provide administration and configuration of Cisco UC/Call Manager, including setting up new call queues and configuration for VOIP systems. Responsible for all aspects of maintaining, configuring, and sustaining Skype/Cisco Unified Communications environments with a Microsoft Exchange integration.
- Leverage available software and knowledge of networking principles to create and update network design/documentation for Managed Solution and its clients.
- In this role, you’ll interface with clients, project managers, and other engineers to ensure the success of your projects and high network availability.
- Resolve assign customer tickets in accordance with company service level agreements. Deliver exceptional customer service with effective written and verbal English communication skills.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform all related duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Service-oriented attitude as you deliver an outstanding client experience: developing a strong rapport, mapping their particular needs to solutions and communicating strategy plans
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and innovation
- Demonstrated commitment to strong documentation and repeatable standards
- High levels of project ownership and individual accountability in a results-oriented environment
- Experience working in a variety of environments highly preferred (e.g., Cisco+Linux vs. Dell+Fortinet+Windows 10).
- CCNA or higher strongly preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of networking topology and static/dynamic routing protocols, including TCP/IP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, and EGP/BGP
- Strong networking and server troubleshooting skills, including latency identification
- Proficiency in networking administration, including the configuration and maintenance of managed routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, wireless access points, CSU/DSUs, and controllers
- Proven success in maintaining highly stable LAN/WAN environments
- Proficiency in virtualized networking (VPN, VLAN) and broad exposure to virtualization in general (Azure, AWS, VMware)
- Knowledge of network security architectures and measures, penetration testing, and vulnerability scanning
- Proficiency in emergency mitigation and remediation: viruses, denial of service
- Valid CA Drivers’ License, acceptable driving record, and willingness to travel to client sites within the San Diego region
- Ability to work a flexible schedule for occasional overnight maintenances, upgrades, etc.
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards. Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards. The essential functions of this job require: the ability to frequently sit and stand for long periods of time; to climb and balance; to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or bend; to manipulate objects with fine and gross motor skills; to frequently lift and maneuver 10 pound objects and occasionally lift and maneuver 50 pound objects; to communicate in written and spoken English; to hear; to utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Managed Solution is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants who can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Managed Solution participates in the federal E-Verify program to validate the authenticity of work eligibility documents. As part of this program, Managed Solution will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information, see https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.