Job Title: Senior SharePoint Engineer
Work Location: San Diego, CA
Division/Department: Professional Services
Reports to: Technical Account Manager
As a highly technical member of the Professional Services team, the Senior SharePoint Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing technical solutions related to SharePoint 2010+/SharePoint Online, including site design, taxonomy, workflow, governance, and front-end design. He/she will leverage subject matter expertise to recommend solutions to clients as a consultative presales engineer. The Senior SharePoint Engineer will regularly work with other technical Engineers, Account Executives, and Project Managers to support the client’s business objectives.
- Leverage strong technical expertise to design and implement technical solutions related to Microsoft Productivity Suite (including SharePoint, Forms, PowerApps, Teams, etc.) and infrastructure, both on premise and in public, private, and hybrid cloud environments.
- Recommend budget-conscious solutions to clients as a consultative pre-sales engineer, basing recommendations on discovery of the existing infrastructure and business objectives.
- Act as a SharePoint Subject Matter Expert on both front-end design and back-end workflows, taxonomy, governance, user interface, web parts, search, add-ons, etc. Must be able to articulate clearly the pros/cons to various approaches.
- Create and administer/maintain SharePoint (2010+, Online) sites and sub-sites and responsive design leveraging security best practices.
- Experience with multi-site libraries required. Client-side development experience using jQuery and React.js. a plus.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform all related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Due to a large client’s contractual requirements, this position requires the employee to be a U.S. Citizen.
- Access to reliable personal transportation and ability/willingness to travel throughout San Diego/Orange Counties for client meetings.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of digital and content marketing experience preferred, though any equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently and to juggle multiple assignments with effective time and priority management.
- Demonstrated experience with change management, including planning/executing complex changes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in configuration management, site collection administration, system monitoring, dashboard support and web analytics.
- Experience with SharePoint content migration from 2007/10 to SPO including publishing pages, layouts and documents a plus.
- Ability to implement security best practices, particularly in O365 and Azure AD, required.
- Exposure to PaaS and SaaS, PowerApps, Azure apps required.
- Demonstrated ability to execute routine to complex tasks related to systems analysis and scripting.
- Experienced with PowerShell Scripting. C# experience a plus.
- Windows Server Administration experience a plus.
- Functional knowledge of any or all the following a plus: Yeoman, Webpack, SQL Server, Dynatrace, Logviewer, Jenkins, GitHub.
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards. Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards. The essential functions of this job require: the ability to frequently sit and stand for long periods of time; to climb and balance; to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or bend; to manipulate objects with fine and gross motor skills; to frequently lift and maneuver 10 pound objects and occasionally lift and maneuver 50 pound objects; to communicate in written and spoken English; to hear; to utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Managed Solution is an equal opportunity employer and will consider qualified applicants who can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Managed Solution participates in the federal E-Verify program to validate the authenticity of work eligibility documents. As part of this program, Managed Solution will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information, see https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.